Solar Thermal panels are the most efficient use of the sun's power. Evacuated tube solar thermal panels have an 80% efficiency rating meaning they are able to convert 80% of the sun's energy into actual usable energy. Most people do not realize that more than 60% of the average household utility bill is spent on heating your house and heating water.
Part of the beauty of owning Solar Thermal is its simplicity, high efficiency, quick return on investment and...all solar thermal panels qualify for US federal rebates!
Solar Collector Parts
- Collector manifold
- Glass wool insulation
- Copper header pipe (liquid flow)
- Stainless steel mounting frame
- Evacuated tube (solar absorber)
- Heat transfer fin and heat pipe
- Sunlight is absorbed inside the evacuated tube causing it to heat up.
- The heat pipe inside the tube carries this thermal energy up to the manifold box.
- Fluid circulates from the storage tank up through to the header pipe and extracts
the energy from the hot heat pipe tips.
- The newly heated fluid circulates back to the storage tank where it can be used
and the cycle begins again.